Dear valued customers,
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, WeSmile Dental Clinic Sdn Bhd and its branches will collect and process your personal data as listed below which have/has been provided by you to WSDC or any of WSDC personnel, including but not limited to:
- Gender, race, religion;
- National Registration Identification Card number/ passport number;
- Contact details including house phone number, mobile phone number, email address, home address and mailing address; and
- Photograph, radiography, study model, medical report
(collectively hereinafter referred to as “the personal data’).
We will process the personal data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate the provisioning of dental healthcare services;
- For the maintenance of customer database and customer service-related processes;
- For insurance claim purposes;
- For billing and financial purposes, including payments for dental services (and all transactions related thereto), accounting and tax;
- For administrative purposes;
- To meet legal and statutory requirements;
- For contact purposes; to respond to your inquiries;
- Research purposes including historical and statistical record keeping purposes;
- General operation and maintenance of the services provided by WSDC;
- Matching any data held by WSDC or its branches relating to you from time to time;
- Providing you with regular communications relating to the services provided by WSDC; and
- Investigating complaint and suspected suspicious transactions
This information is necessary to us. If you do not provide all the information as requested, we will not be able to keep complete information about you, thus affecting our capacity to accomplish the above stated purposes. All the information provided will be securely stored on the internet web server in which it will be password protected to ensure complete confidentiality.
Disclosure of your information
Personal data provided by you will generally be kept confidential, but we may disclose the personal data to the following parties for the purposes stated above:
- Our other branches providing services relating to the purposes for which the personal data is collected;
- Third parties (including those located overseas) who provide data processing services;
- In circumstances where delay or default of payment has occurred, to our appointed lawyers, debt collection agencies, credit-reporting agencies; and
- Any person who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken to keep such data confidential.
We may also disclose the personal data if required to do so by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to (i) comply with requirements of any law enforcement agency, police investigation, court order or legal process; or (ii) protect and defend rights or property of WSDC, its personnel and its branches.
Data transfer and sharing
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing, we may transfer your personal data to other branches under WSDC, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
Burden of proof of privacy notice
A copy of the privacy notice will be displayed at the counter, notice board as well as on the website. All customers are advised to go through the notice in detail.
Access, Corrections and Complaints
If you would like to make any inquiries or feedback or request access or correction of the personal data, you may contact our person-in-charge at WeSmile Dental Sdn Bhd by calling or WhatsApp 018-9191433 during office hours or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any request to access or correct the personal data may be subject to a fee and to requirements under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Where you elect to limit our right to process the personal data, you may also contact us in writing. Any amendment and updates regarding the data protection notices and act will be posted on the web server. At the same time, a copy will be sent to all registered emails only.
This policy is as effective as of 1st January 2019